Applied Tactical Shooting is currently offered as a monthly program held at our Santa Clara headquarters. This course is also available on demand for your team. This monthly program delivers a series of 2 ½ hour, non-live fire Applied Tactical Shooting (ATS) courses, which present and exercise tactical shooting skills, tactics, techniques, and mindset. As a consistent ongoing series, students will be able to learn new skills as well as maintain and hone existing ones. The program is appropriate for any level of shooter, from the complete novice to the experienced operator.
Our ATS course emphasizes fundamentals, active movement, and dynamic shooting drills. We conduct the training using hyper-realistic practical scenarios designed to challenge you efficiently and safely while maintaining situational awareness in dynamic 360 degree, 3 dimensional environments. Throughout the progression of the program, students will be continuously assessed, coached, and mentored by our qualified experienced instructor staff in order to reinforce and cement skills and tactics.
Specific skills addressed in ATS will include:
- Fundamental Firearms Safety
- Proper weapons handling and movement
- Short range and medium range precision target engagement
- Target discrimination and identification – shoot / no shoot scenarios
- Use-of-force continuum
- Stairway, Entry, Room and Hallway entry and clearing
- Cover and Concealment
- Low light and full dark considerations
- Introductory Force on Force engagements
KMI’s ATS is built on the same practical and pragmatic philosophies common to all KMI programs. This curriculum is designed and led by certified Military Krav Maga Instructor and IDF infantry veteran, Danny Zelig, who draws on 30+ years of experience teaching civilians, law enforcement, private security, and military units. Additional instructors are drawn from the elite cadre of KMI’s Applied Tactics Division Instructor Team, comprised of experts, current and veteran professionals with decades of proven experience in the field.
Our non-live fire training is conducted in our Santa Clara Tactical Training facility, utilizing our outdoor range, mat rooms, and state of the art simulation environment (shoot house), maximizing realism and learning using:
- A modular, reconfigurable, and environment-controlled simulation house
- Professional grade MilSim (non-live fire) firearms
- A variety of Dynamic Reactive Targets, and Role Players in Full contact Blauer High Gear dynamic training suits
- After Action Reviews using the facility’s infrared night/day video system
By teaching proven tactical shooting techniques, coupled with real world scenarios, this class will challenge you via the dynamic, stressful 360 degree / 3D environments to develop the mindset, tactics and skills to take your capabilities to the next level and equip you to be physically and mentally prepared for a wide range of scenarios.
Provided at Facility, Included in Program Cost:
- Professional Training MilSim (AirSoft) M4 rifles and Glock type pistols
- Basic/required safety items for Applied Tactical Shooting training (Full FacePro, NeckPro, Armored Gloves) minus groin protection.
- M4 Rifle and Pistol Magazine Pouches
- Ballistic Rated Eye Protection
- Mouth Guard
- Clothing : Heavy Duty “Gun” or “Riggers” Belt, Long sleeve shirt and pants, Hat or other head covering
- Tactical Flashlight
- Any M4 or G17 Picatinny tactical (MIL-STD-1913) rail mount options you train/fight with (lights, lasers, optics), your preferred M4 weapons sling (basic single and two point mount provided)
- Any LE/PSD duty gear or CCW equipment if applicable (train with what you will fight)
- Background checks may be processed.