This 8-hour Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course will empower you and your team with the skills needed to successfully function in high-stress situations and treat the three leading causes of preventable combat death: uncontrolled hemorrhage, tension pneumothorax and airway obstruction.
Training is conducted in partnership between KMI’s Applied Tactics Division and ADAPTAGEAR™. With a cadre of Special Operations Combat Veterans (AFSOC Pararescue), and our advanced customizable, modular training facility, scenarios can range from individual first aid to a multi-casualty incident that can take place in anything from a schoolhouse to a health clinic. Using remote and sensor-powered environmental controls, students will learn to manage: hostile threats, various environments, zero-visibility, low light and other obstacles. You will be placed in numerous situations such as being under fire from our instructor cadre utilizing mil-sim platforms for the most realistic training opportunity. Evolutions and progress can be captured via the use of 16 day/night vision cameras located throughout the tactical area and provided to students on-demand.
During the first half of the course, students are introduced to the essentials of Operational Medicine. Students will learn to use ADAPTAGEAR’s 3TMC™ medical kits with a focus on traumatic accidents, active shooters, bombings, and/or other disaster-type scenarios.
In the second half, we go a step further and introduce students to Mass Casualty Incidents (MCI’s.) Using the 3TMC method, students learn a streamlined and effective approach to dealing with various types of MCI’s. Using high-stress, scenario-based training with simulated wounds and role players; students are provided with a multi-dimensional learning environment.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Follow the 3TMC mnemonic
- Identify when they’re in a high risk or hostile situation
- Methodically determine a medical response
- Open airways, apply tourniquets, pressure dressings, and effectively use occlusive chest seals
- Prevent, Identify and Manage hypothermia
- Background of TCCC
- Injuries to expect
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Patient Assessment
- Utilization of ADAPTAGEAR 3TMC Kits
- MCI Command and Control
- Sector Searches and Triage
- Casualty Collection Points
- 1, 2 & 3-person carry’s
- Simulated MCI scenarios
- Simulated wounds and role players
- Active-Shooter scenarios
- Shoot/No-Shoot scenarios
- Blasts and Burns
- Hypothermia prevention
This course is open to all first responders (Active Law Enforcement (Federal, State or Local), EMS), Military (Active, Reserve or Guard), and pre-approved responsible civilians.
Provided at Facility
- Coffee, Refreshments and Lunch is provided with course cost
- ADAPTAGEAR™ 3TMC™ Training Kits
- MilSim KWA Professional Training AirSoft (M4 platform and Glock type-ATP) provided at facility and included in cost
- All the basic/required safety items for AirSoft (FacePro, NeckPro, Gloves) minus groin protection.
- No outside weapons or ammo are allowed
- No FX, UTM, or other Simmuntions allowed
- Comfortable Clothing for class room sessions
- Drill clothing can be either civilian or full duty attire/gear (train with which you fight)
- Note: Field-type clothing is recommended to assist with: patient movement, dragging, etc.
- Groin Protection
- Any M4 Picatinny tactical (MIL-STD-1913) rail mount options you train/fight with (lights, lasers, optics,)
- Your own M4 weapons sling (single point mount provided)
- Team litters or other medical equipment you’d like to train with
Our 3TMC course is not currently P.O.S.T. certified. We are planning certification in the future.
No outside weapons or ammunition allowed in the facility at any time.