Anti-Carjacking Seminar Notes
Thank you for attending our Anti-Carjacking self defense seminar. I hope you learned some valuable skills that you are still practicing while you are moving around and getting in and out of your car. Here are some tips and things to keep in mind:
- Practice the situations in your mind, exploring the decision-making opportunities. If you can give up your keys or your belongings to minimize personal risk, do so.
- Teach and practice with your children to enter and exit the car quickly, as well as how to call 911.
- Know the area where you are driving, and/or pay attention to exit routes.
- When driving, and especially when you stop at traffic lights or stop signs, make sure to lock your doors and windows.
- If you are bumped in traffic in a strange area or an area without bystanders, be suspicious.
- Park in well-lighted areas, without dark spots or things to hide behind. Be especially alert when using parking garages. Keep your keys in your hand when returning to your vehicle. Â If necessary, your keys can be used as a defensive weapon against an attacker.
- If someone approaches your vehicle, remember you do not have to talk to them.
- Replace your interior lights with high powered LED lights. If you are able, remotely turn on the interior lights prior to getting in your car.
- Trust your instincts.
Read through the background of Carjacking and get moreÂ tips:Â http://www.crimedoctor.com/carjacking.htm